Follow Me:

Follow Me:

Saturday, July 6, 2019

Day 8


OOTD is 90's inspired, which made me call up an old friend who loved neon as much as I did a child. We ended up talking for about an hour today. She really needed a friend at the moment. I'm so glad I contacted her out of the blue. And it make me think - what if I hadn't reached out to her? Would she be ok? (She is now, thankfully, I won't get into it, but she wasn't safe and now she is.)
It really made me think and I seriously want you to know - if you EVER need someone to talk to, just to say hi, just to feel not alone, to share a happy thought with, or a sad one, message me. Don't feel stupid. Don't feel like I'm a stranger. I'll be your instant friend - just add water - lol. But seriously, no joke, I'm that kind of person. I want to make sure that you are ok and that you are safe.
I've been through a lot in my 37 years. I've escaped a cult religion, I was in an abusive relationship with the father of my children. I have a child with some major special needs. I've been suicidal. I've been lost in life. I know what it's like to be so poor you have to choose between food or diapers or laundry this week. I'm fortunate, blessed and lucky that I made my way out of legit homeless poverty, from where I had nothing and we were living in a shelter to where I am today, and most of that was sheer dumb luck. I know how fortunate I am to have the 1st world problems I have now.
I don't ever want people to think they're alone in this world. If you're struggling with ANYTHING, chances are I can relate. And if I can't, I can be an ear. Maybe it's just my soft heart, but I think we as a human race can do better, and we should check in on our brothers and sisters, and take care of each other, because we're all related in the end. I love you all, and we're all united by our love for these beautiful shoes. Reach out to someone today. It might make all the difference to them.
OOTD: Outrageous Orange Tieks, grey leggings from Torrid, Tank top with neon orange and dark green fronds on it from Wal-Mart, Neon hoop earrings and hair tie also from Amazon.
{Me on my porch, roses behind me, wearing my outfit of the day as described above with a smile on my face.}


 Extras! These weren't up on the tieks page. 
Um, don't mind the boobies, but hi! (I may have sent this picture to my husband, because he doesn't mind the boobies. LOL)


Oh hi awkward pose. How are you? 


No comments:

Post a Comment